Followers

Thursday, August 9, 2012

A New Widget

I have added a new widget to the side of my blog.  It will be here for about the next month, when it will change to something a little different.   We're trying to save up for this year's family camp at Camp Twitch and Shout.  I don't usually like asking for help, but we've run across a slight (temporary) situation that is kind of freezing the money that we'd planned to use for family camp.  My husband is going to have to go out of town soon for work, and he's having to pay for his expenses and then be reimbursed.  This means that the money we'd planned for family camp is now going to have to be used to pay his expenses.  It was a hard decision for me, but I decided to give Gofundme.com a try.

The current widget is being used as a way to accept donations to help us with the cost of family camp.  Any help we can get with the cost of camp is very much appreciated.  Monster Man's birthday is next month, and I would love to be able to tell him for his birthday that family camp is paid for (whether by partial donations or not).  Even a small donation of around $5 will help make camp more affordable for this session.

I plan to pay the favor forward, giving money directly to the camp to help keep the costs down for next summer's campers, which brings me to the widget that I plan to replace the current widget with.  Once family camp is over, I am planning to replace the widget with another Gofundme.com widget, this time being one that will go to Camp Twitch and Shout to help other campers.

Please check out the new widget (and the one that will replace it) and, if you feel led to, please make a donation to help the camp.  Camp Twitch and Shout means so much to our family, and I am looking forward to doing my best to help the camp soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment