Followers

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Haircut Time

Monster Man has been trying to let his hair get a little longer.  He has a certain style in mind, though we're having to come to a compromise on it.  He wants it longer like many of the boys are wearing these days, with his bangs coming slightly over one eye.  I, on the other hand, do not like the way it looks having hair over the eyes and worry about how it would affect both his vision and his eye tics.  I've agreed he can wear it a little longer as long as the bangs are not in front of either of his eyes.

The biggest problem I am having is getting Monster Man to understand that it needs to be trimmed from time to time to make sure he doesn't end up with a mullet or some other crazy hairstyle.  He's afraid that even a trim won't let his hair grow out.  The need to trim his hair has become a bit of a battle, and battles with Monster Man are never easy.

Last night, I gave Angel Baby and Little Man some very much needed haircuts.  Theirs were not trims, but instead were major cuts.  I planned on trimming Monster Man's hair afterward.  When he sat down and I started trimming just a little off the bangs (about 1/4 inch, if even that much).  I knew I had to take it slow, cutting very small amounts at a time since his head shaking tic has been bad again and I didn't want to end up cutting it too short.

I barely got any of it done before I came to the realization that I'm not going to be able to be the one to trim his hair when his head shaking tic is so severe.  Between the need to keep my hands steady and work to keep his hair looking good (especially since I have no training when it comes to cutting hair) and the need to fight back tears watching him struggle so much, it makes cutting his hair almost impossible for me.

I think for now I'll take him to get it trimmed, and try again another time if his head shaking isn't a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment