Followers

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Some interesting occurrences

We've had a couple of interesting occurrences over the past few days that have really stuck out as being different, even when it comes to Monster Man.

One day last week, I took the kids to the grocery store with me to get a few items.  Not much, and I planned on being in and out of the store in about 10 minutes' time, if that long.  While walking down one aisle, I happened to notice that Monster Man kept drifting over to the right, along the shelves, so that he could rub his shoulder on the different items hanging down off the sides (like the packs of seasonings that are clipped on chains), as well as rubbing his shoulder on the coupon machines.  I wasn't sure what he was doing, so I pulled him away before he could 'bump into' the next one.  When he realized he'd missed one, he actually had to take a step back and make sure he bumped into it before he could continue down the aisle.  He progressed like this through the whole store, and I don't think he really even realized what he was doing.  He had that glazed over look to his eyes that he sometimes gets with his tics.  Sure enough, after talking to a few other parents of children with TS, this is something they have experienced!  Since that day, he's also done this walking along the plants in a home improvement store.  Needless to say, I'm not taking him down any aisles filled with glass objects for a while.

Yesterday, Monster Man came home from school slapping himself on the arms.  He kept complaining that it felt like someone was biting him on the arms (not the usually feeling of itchiness caused by a bug bite kind of biting, either).  He said he'd that feeling all day long, and it continued until he went to bed.  I am anxious to see if this has continued when he gets home from school.  Someone suggested to me that it could be a tic and that he's trying to explain why he is slapping himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment