Followers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You never really know

You never really know when a new tic or a new fear will start up. It seems like they come out of nowhere. It's weird how something that you have done just about every day of your life can suddenly turn into something that makes you nervous or at least uncomfortable.

Earlier today, I took Angel Baby, Monster Man, and Little Man to the store with me. Little Man sat in his usual seat directly behind me and Angel Baby sat in the other captain's seat beside him. Monster Man chose to sit on the rear bench seat, directly behind Little Man. I was driving down the road, less than five minutes from the house, when Monster Man suddenly informed me that he needed to change seats. I had to stop to let him move over directly behind Angel Baby. His reason for the switch, as told in a very nervous tone, was that he was "uncomfortable" and that sitting on that side of the van is "kind of freaky". Evidently, he suddenly realized that the cars on the other side of the road were closer to him than he thought, and he suddenly became afraid that one might cross over the yellow line and hit the van, injuring him. Once we got to the store, he also informed me that he was "kind of scared" when crossing the parking lot, afraid someone might come flying into the parking lot and hit one of us.

I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to be in his shoes, constantly afraid that something bad might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment